Legal Steps for Acquiring an EB-5 Visa in the USA

Employment-based fifth preference visas, EB-5, are immigrant visas issued by the United States Citizenship Immigration Services (USCIS) to foreigners who want to invest in designated places called the regional centers. Successful completion of the whole process earns the investor a green card for a permanent stay in the United States with their family.

As an investor, you need enough funds and the completion of the legal processes required before getting a green card to allow you to live and work permanently in the US.

Decide on the project

VisaFinding the appropriate project is the first step. This may be a new commercial project by an investor or a regional center project. If you intend to invest as an individual, you can identify new business ideas of your own which you wish to invest in.

Otherwise, you may decide to choose regional center programs. These are projects which the government has identified as potential job creators in some geographical regions. You can invest in such and be part of the project.

Make the capital investment

Your second step is to make a capital investment in the business of your choice, that is, $500,000 for regional businesses and $1Million for Individual investments. This is put in an Escrow account after which your immigration lawyer files the I–526 petition with the government.

This should be accompanied by the evidence that your investment will create ten full-time jobs, shown by your business plan, and that your funds are from a known legitimate source. Within 4 to 6 months, the government will inform you whether your petition is accepted or not.

Get a conditional green card

The government will issue you with a two-year conditional green card. In the two year term, you are required meet the required conditions and hire the ten employees. But this conditional visa can only be issued if the I-526 is approved and required forms have been filed depending on whether you are in the US or not.

The I- 829 petition

US VisaThis petition marks the end of the EB5 process so that you can be given permanent residency in the US. Your lawyer issues the I- 829 petition to the USCIS ninety days towards the end of the two years.

This shows that you have met the conditions and the petition is for the removal of the two-year conditional green card and the issuance of a permanent green card. With this green card, the investor and their unmarried children who are under 21years can move in and stay in the US.


Anyone who wishes to go through the EB5 has to have prior investment plans, have the required funds and the patient to follow through the process till the end. But it is rewarding, as you can do business and be a permanent resident of the country.…


What You Should Do When You are Falsely Accused of a Crime

No matter how perfect the law intends to be, it still has flaws. Our society is forever developing and changing, and the law might have become outdated. Policy makers and politicians are barely keeping up with the urgent issues because of power and politics are more attractive to them.

And that flaw can allow injustice to happen. One of the cases is when a person gets wrongly accused of doing a crime with which they have not got involved. And the bad news is nobody is immune from false accusation.

An incompetent eyewitness might give false testimony. Or, when the legal matter deals with a person in power, the witness can easily be staged. As a result, an innocent person can go to jail. And that person can be you.

Here, we will discuss the safest steps you must do, if you get legal trouble. If you do not lose your calm and are still able to think clearly, you can negate the false accusation easily.

Hiring a lawyer

LawyerThrow away the thought that hiring attorney right away makes you look guilty. In fact, this is the first thing you need to do. The state might over you a lawyer if you cannot afford one, but the one you hire by yourself is always the best at protecting you from injustice.

A lawyer will guide you on how to handle the accusation. It is very important since the very beginning of the case because any statement you make can affect the outcome.

Holding your horses

Wrong AccusationNever assume that you know what to do, especially if you are a civilian who has never dealt with the real court system before. What you read and hear from the news will be very much different from the reality.

Even if are a hundred percent sure not guilty, do not say anything before you meet with a lawyer. Defending yourself in the moment of accusation by explaining what happened to the investigator may be tempting, and they might also intimidate you, but you must strongly resist those twos.

Do not cover anything up to your lawyer

CourtOnce you get to your lawyer, tell everything without a cover-up. What the police will do is to gather evidence against you, and what your lawyer does is the same but to defend you.

If you do not tell the truth, the data from the police department and your lawyer will not match up. At worst, you lawyer will use a false premise to decide a legal action, which can be an advantage to your accuser.

Identifying the witnesses

After you get your story be delivered to your lawyer, you must start thinking of anyone who can support your story. Try to remember slowly the people you know that can give a witness. And if you cannot, usually, your lawyer will suggest you to hire a professional investigator.

The point is, do not hold back any information about people who might give you their witness.

Remembering hard evidence


Only very few of us do not use gadgets these days. And with them, our activities are automatically recorded. And this kind of thing can be your hard evidence to your whereabouts.

Also, chat or email history must not be neglected. If you are suspected of an investment fraud, for example, your email and chat can be the best place to look for a sign of consenting from your accuser on the investment risk, which later can help your lawyer to win your case.

In short, you must trace back to the past and think of what might be used as hard evidence to support your case.…